BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gangster Rap and Violence



I think that Nas really doesn't know what he's talking about, for him to make that comment and say that he's not going to apologize for any of his lyrics in the song "shot em' up" is very ignorant because he has lyrics that are influencing the children who listen to it in a very strong way. I don't think that he really understands that he cant just make a song and expect everyone to know that its something he grew up with, and that he doesn't mean any harm by it. On the other hand I do agree with what he says about what children are suffering from these days, and i am glad that he actually feels for his family, and doesn't just feel like hes just another one of those boys that gets killed in a ghetto neighborhood.

As far as Lupe, he makes a very good point. When he says that hip hp has a huge part to play in it, he is correct. Sometimes I wonder, when rappers write music, do they actually think about what they're saying and who their main listeners are?,or do they just wake up one morning and say "I'm going to rap about drugs", or "I'm going to rap about sex". I truly think that they need to just sit down and think about if they have children, and say would i want my child to listen to this all day. If their answer is yes, then we as a people have an issue. If you wouldn't want your child listening to this then say something, if you don't care then explain why you don't and help me to understand why you think that boys selling drugs or teenagers having sex is appropriate for young adults to listen to.

0 comments: